FSMTA Competitive Events
Competitions with monetary awards are usually held in late May. Each year FSMTF presents awards to student winners of FSMTA Competitive Events.
- A list of all available Awards and Scholarships is available for viewing and downloading.
- See the Handbook of Student Activities for general information about FSMTA Competitive Events.
- Vice President for FSMTA Competitive Events: Anastasiya Naplekova
- State Concerto Competition – Piano, Instrumental and Vocal Coordinator: Ken Hanks
- Gray Perry Young Collegiate Piano Award Competition Coordinator: Anastasiya Naplekova
- Byrd Competition Coordinator: Anastasiya Naplekova
- Pre-College Chamber Music Coordinator: Anastasiya Naplekova
- Guitar Competition Coordinator: Anastasiya Naplekova
- King Music Education Scholarship Coordinator: Anastasiya Naplekova
- Community Service Awards (held separately) Coordinator: Anastasiya Naplekova
Click on the links below to open and print. Read-only (PDF) files are opened with Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click on the Adobe icon to the right to download this free program.
Please note the following important changes:
District and State Concerto Competition Application Forms:
Concerto Competition Coordinator Forms:
Byrd Memorial Piano Ensemble Competition
Gray Perry Young Collegiate Piano Competition
Pre-College Chamber Music Competition
Pre-College and Collegiate Guitar Competition
- Local and District Presidents Community Service Award for Ninth Graders
- FSMTA Community Service Award for 12th Graders
King Music Education Scholarship
District Concerto Chairs:
- District 1: Melissa Westman, 1992 Winners Circle, Cantonment, FL 32533; 850-490-0699
- District 2: Kyung-Ae Gibson, 8835 Winged Foot Dr. Tallahassee, FL 32312; 850-894-1887
- District 3: Anne Falik, 3317 NW 38th Street, Gainesville, FL 32606; 352-514-4109
- District 4: Sarah Hartley, 2614 Sunrise Ridge Lane, Jacksonville, FL 32211; 321-514-0010
- District 5: Mary Mincy, 981 Auburn Ave. Clermont, FL 34711; 770-309-8364
- District 6: Huifang Chen, 11451 NW 49th Dr., Coral Springs, FL 33076; 954-258-6592
- District 7: Dr. Michael Baron, Florida Gulf Coast University, 10501 FGCU Boulevard South, Fort Myers, FL 33965; 239-590-7209
- District 8: Denise Verheul, 2495 Browning Street, Sarasota, FL 34237; 770-335-4247
- District 9: Sheron White, 2435 Peterson Road, Lakeland, FL 33812-3253; 863-860-6541 and Ken Hanks, 2112 N 15th Street, Tampa, FL 33605, 813-253-7686
Photo Permission Form
FSMTA fully respects the copyright law and expects its members to be aware of the guidelines for the use of all copyrighted materials. (See Section V of the Code of Ethics.)
Students entered in any FSMTA event, competitive or non-competitive, shall follow the MTNA guidelines as posted on MTNA website.
If a winning student's photo will be submitted for publication in the FSMTA newsletter or on the website, please download this photo permission form and have it signed by the student and their parent. We cannot print or post photos without signed permission forms.