Help for Panhandle
Welcome to the Florida State Music Teachers Association
We have set up a PayPal button to collect donations for the teachers whose homes and livelihoods were affected by Hurricane Michael. This is one of the ways that you can help your fellow FSMTA colleagues.
If you are one of those who were impacted by Hurricane Michael, use the
FSMTA Assistance Application
to apply for disaster relief funds from FSMTA.
Link to the MTNA Benevolence Fund where you can donate or apply for assistance through MTNA.
As an affiliate of the Music Teachers National Association (MTNA), FSMTA is a non-profit organization providing professional support for nearly 800 music teachers and their students. With 23 local associations, we provide both independent studio music teachers and college faculty with many member services, including:
To learn more about our organization, please visit some of our links or contact us directly.
Solicitation of Contributions Act Disclosure:
A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL FREE 800-435-7352 WITHIN THE STATE OF FLORIDA. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE.
The Florida State Music Teachers Association is an organization whose members are professionally engaged in the teaching of music in the State of Florida and who have met certain membership qualifications, as set forth in the Bylaws of the Association. The primary purpose of the Association is the advancement of music in the State of Florida through excellent teaching, learning, and performing which seeks to recognize individual achievement at all levels. Specifically, the Association strives to raise and maintain the standards of music teaching; stimulate public interest in music, encourage the study of music, and protect its members in all matters pertaining to the profession. It achieves these goals through a comprehensive program consisting of:
- Challenging student activities which brings public recognition to the accomplishments of students and to good teaching.
- High quality continuing education opportunities for music teachers.
- A rigorous Teacher Certification Program.
- Active local associations, district associations, and statewide activities to promote fraternal relations among member teachers and to sponsor meetings for study, discussion, performance, and evaluation.
- Sound financial support of its programs and for certain types of scholarship assistance to talented students.
- Good communication between constituencies.
- Protection and/or awareness of its members in ethical, governmental, and business matters.
Did you know your purchases can make a difference? AmazonSmile donates to Florida State Music Teachers Foundation Inc. when you do your holiday shopping at smile.amazon.com/ch/59-1896148