FSMTA State Concerto Competition Rules and Application
FSMTA State Concerto Competition is open only for winners of District Concerto competitions. All applicants admitted to participate in the State Concerto Competition must submit the following:
- Online Application: completed online application below must be submitted by April 10th. (Application includes photo and bio)
- Application fee: use online payment option at the bottom of the FSMTA Competitive Events page, select “State Concerto $40.00 USD”. Deadline is April 10th (by 11:59pm EST)
- Teacher’s fee (if applicable): FSMTA members who renewed their membership before November 30 pay no fee. All other teachers are required to pay $80 non-member fee using online payment option on the bottom of the FSMTA Competitive Events page (select “Non-member teacher $80.00 USD”) by April 10th.
- Repertoire performed at the State Concerto Competition must be the same repertoire performed at the District Competition.
- Repertoire must be performed by memory. A 20-minute time limit will be imposed. In the event of a longer duration, the entrant must be prepared to perform any 20-minute portion chosen by the judges.
- Collaborative pianists must accompany all competitors during the audition. Teachers are permitted to accompany their students at both District and State Competitions. Any accompaniment related cost is the responsibility of the competitor.
- If any District winner is unable to compete in the State Competition, the District and State Concerto Chairmen must be notified immediately.
- Applicant’s teacher is responsible for completing and electronically submitting State Concerto application. All rules must be followed otherwise the application will be disqualified if not corrected by the deadline. All questions should be directed to the State Concerto Competition Chair prior to the deadline. All fees are non-refundable.
- All applicable payments must be received before deadline.
- Any instrumental tuning or preparation for the audition must be performed by someone other than a judge.
- Audio or video recording and photography of the live competitions and winners concerts are strongly discouraged.
- Rulings and decisions of competition chairman and judges are final. Questions or problems which may arise during the competitions should be handled by the teacher of the student through the appropriate chairman. Parents are not permitted to contact the judges or any competition chairmen.
- A State first place winner may not participate in the same level again at the next District Competition, regardless of age, but may enter in the next age category.
- Incomplete applications or submissions that do not follow the above rules may result in the participant’s disqualification without refund. All questions should be email to FSMTAcompetitions@gmail.com prior to submitting an application.
- Deadline for submission of application materials and fees is April 10th.