2021 FSMTA Virtual State Concerto Competition Rules and Application
All applicants admitted to participate in the State Concerto Competition must submit the following:
- Online Application: submission deadline is May 1. (Application includes photo and bio)
- Application fee: use online payment option at the bottom of the FSMTA Competitive Events page, select “State Concerto $40.00 USD”. Deadline is May 1 (by 11:59pm EST)
- Teacher’s fee (if applicable): FSMTA members who renewed their membership before November 30 pay no fee. All other teachers are required to pay $80 non-member fee using online payment option on the bottom of the FSMTA Competitive Events page (select “Non-member teacher $80.00 USD”)
- Video must be uploaded between May 1 and May 15 (by 11:59pm EST). Each applicant will receive an email with instructions for uploading video file after application and fee(s) are received
- Audition video must be recorded in one unedited take, the camera angle must be fixed (no multiple angles).
- Live and pre-recorded accompaniment are allowed. Accompanists are allowed to use electronic piano.
- The applicant’s hands and face must be clearly visible. The video may not contain any clues as to identity of the performer. It may contain date of recording (but not place) and titles of works.
- The recording must be recent, made no earlier than January 1, 2021.
- Recordings from public performances are allowed. However, no people other than performers should be visible. No spoken word or subtitles are allowed.
- Video formats admitted may be only the following: .WMV, .AVI, .MOV, MPG, .MP4.
- You may record using laptop, tablet, cell phone, consumer-grade cameras, as well as a higher-grade camera with or without external microphones. Use of dedicated sound capturing devices is strongly recommended. Video quality of at least 720p or higher is required.
- Live accompaniments are preferred, however, if entrants are unable meet with accompanists, prerecorded accompaniments are acceptable. CDs and online platforms such as SmartMusic.com, Appcompanist.com, Piano Accompaniments.com and Acapella may be utilized as is appropriate.
- Teachers may accompany any entrant.
- All videos are randomly numbered and made anonymous to the judges. All decisions of the judges are final and will not be subject to further review. Judges have the right to declare no winner.
- Incomplete applications or video submissions that do not follow the above rules may result in the participant’s disqualification without refund. All questions should be email to FSMTAcompetitions@gmail.com prior to submitting an application.
- Deadline for submission of application materials and fees is May 1st.
- Deadline to upload video is May 15th.